Socket-754 Motherboard recommendation?

Robert Goshko robert.goshko at axis-dev.ca
Fri May 14 13:15:23 UTC 2004

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at setting up an inexpensive Athlon 64 system hopefully
> with SATA boot support. My primary OS would be FC2, probably later
> RHEL3/x86_64, too.
>
> I understand there are (or were?) issues with different SATA
> controllers.

I have the MSI KT8 Neo-FIS2R with two S-ATA drives (no P-ATA HD's)
running Mandrake 10.0rc1 for AMD64 no problems.  The promise controller
built in works great, installed straight from the CD.

--
...Rob

-- "Never tell me the odds!" -- Han Solo

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.ca/       Supporting the Revolution In Your World
Registered Linux User #260513         GNU/Linux i686 2.6.3-7mdk-725ca
Mandrake Linux 10.0                     mobile AMD Athlon(tm) 4 1500+

     07:04:00 up 11 min,  0 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.45, 0.29