FC2 - x86-64 and Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard ?

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Fri May 21 12:01:16 UTC 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 12:58, Douglas Sievers wrote:
> I am building a new system based on an AMD Athlon64 3400+ processor. I
> have an Asus K8V Deluxe mobo on order, but it has not been delivered.
> Has anyone had experience with this mobo on FC2?

Similar experience ... I have an ASUS SK8V (940 pins) with an Opteron 140.

I have one problem with the BIOS/mobo in that I could not connect my Dell
2000FP display through an analog KVM switch (bios overdrove the display
although linux worked fine) ... the solution was to connect this system
directly to the DVI interface and use the monitors switching to select this
system.

The other problem I have had is that the SATA drive has extremely poor
performance under FC2 whereas it works fine under FC1 ... this has been
bugzilla'ed.

Gene