FC3 x86_64 install on sil3114 SATA controller problems.

Koustubha Kale koustubha_kale at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 04:06:37 UTC 2005

Dear all,
We have purchased a Tyan Tiger k8w(s2875) yesterday.
I am trying to install Fedora Core 3 x86_64 on a
machine with Tyan Tiger k8w with dual opteron 242
CPU's, 4gb RAM, 120GB seagate SATA drives connected to
sata 1 & 2.
My problem is although FC3 complets the install it
fails to reboot. I followed the directions in the
downloaded file SiI3114- Serial ATA (SATA) 64-bit
Linux RAID Driver (for AMD 64-bit platforms only).zip
file from the driver downloads section on tyan's site
but the insertion of driver does not take place. the
initial_install.sh script  does not manage to insert
the driver module. The same works for RH9 though. But
we need the Fc3 x86_64 for which we bought the board &
the CPU's.
Please guide urgently as to how we can get this
working. This machine is needed urgently for our
colleges lab.

With warm regards advance thanks
Koustubha Kale

With warm regards