SuperMicro H8SSL-i (ServerWorks HT1000) -- JMR SATAStor 6x2.5" in 1x5.25" array

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Dec 1 07:50:48 UTC 2005

http://www.dns-shop.de/dns-shop/showProductDetails.do?productConfigId=-1987838288
> albeit at 594 EUR. Sliding rails and IPMI are 120 EUR each.

Like paying a lot for a desktop nForce4 Ultra with a low-cost
Opteron?  ;->

BTW, if you really like the Sunfire x2100 for its 4x 2.5"
notebook hard drives array, consider the JMR SATAStor which
has 6x 2.5" notebook hard drives in a 5.25" bay:

http://www.jmr.com/solutions/collateral/serial_ata/SATAStor.pdf

The guys over at ExtremeTech took a 12 SATA port 3Ware
Escalade 9500S-12 card and two of these and did some
benchmarks.  Although I will point out the benchmarks are
_useless_ because they put the card in a standard
32-bit at 33MHz PCI slot (133MBps theoretical) and ... tada ...
they didn't see really anything better than 120MBps!  Duh!