OT: K8WE floppy interface question

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Thu Dec 29 01:05:22 UTC 2005

Would any owner of a Tyan K8WE motherboard please check the floppy
interface connector and tell me if it has all its pins? With my
motherboard oriented so that the CPU and DIMM sockets are farthest away
from me, the pins in positions #2, #3, and #4 missing from the
right-hand column? If yours are not, then the reason my floppy disk
doesn't work (and I can't update my FlashBIOS) is a manufacturing defect
and I have to pursue a warranty replacement. Otherwise...

TIA

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 4 kernel 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
            ** Bob Costas for Baseball Commissioner **