managing PERC raid

Jon LaBadie jlabadie at acm.org
Fri Mar 4 03:44:43 UTC 2005

Hardware is Dell 670n workstation with Adaptec 79xx SCSI controller
and Dell's PERC 320/DC raid controller.

OS is RHEL 3 WS running in x86_64 mode.

What tools, if any, are available for managing the raid system?

As supplied, the 4 drives are in RAID 10, with just swap and
a single, very large root partition.

I'd like to split it into several, more manageable partitions.
Figure I would approach it as split the mirror, reconfigure
one side, copy things from the running side, make sure the
split side will boot, then work on the other side.

But I don't see any tools to work with the hardware raid.