AMD-64 large memory...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Mar 6 11:05:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 12:01 +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Cooling 1U systems is nontrivial. I doubt there are dual-Opteron kits for 1U.

There are.  Even the original Opteron 2xx's that could run over 100W.

But now there are the 30W Opteron 240EE (1.4GHz) and 55W Opteron 246EE
(2.0GHz) versions.  Definitely fine for dual-1U.

> You should have no issues with a 4U case, or a standalone
> server.

Plenty of 1U and 2U 2-way, and even some 3U 4-ways (although typically
with a 4-way you're more interested in I/O expansion).

Bryan J. Smith                   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org