dmesg shows stepping 0a for an AMD 248 which is not listed on the processor guide

Yusuf Goolamabbas yusufg at outblaze.com
Wed Nov 9 03:28:35 UTC 2005

Hi, On my AMD Opteron 248 box. I see the following

CPU0: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248 stepping 0a
AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248 stepping 0a

relevant stuff from /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 5
model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248
stepping        : 10

I can't find this stepping number in the AMD Quick Processor Guide

http://www.amd.com/qrgopteron1

I would like to find out if this stepping supports memory hole remapping
in hardware or does it require software emulation. My understanding is
that E-steppings of Opteron does memory hole remapping in hardware

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg at outblaze.com