BL25p V4 ES time issue

Miskell, Craig Craig.Miskell at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Nov 14 18:57:37 UTC 2005

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:31:13 -0800 (PST)
> From: Doug Hussey <avaalak at yahoo.com>
> Subject: BL25p V4 ES time issue
> To: amd64-list at redhat.com
>
> We are running HP Blades BL25p Dual AMD Opteron 252
> with V4 2.6.9-11ELsmp kernel. (Stock Redhat Kernel).
>
> We are seeing an issue with the time clocks racing
> forward. Has anyone run into this bug? We have three
> blades and it is doing it on all of them.
Turn off cpuspeed e.g:
# /etc/init.d/cpuspeed off

It's a known issue with the CPU speed throttling on the Opterons - HP
mentions it somewhere in release notes for the latest BIOS for the
BL25ps.
(or maybe I'm getting confused and cpuspeed is another issue with clock
making them run slow... I forget ;-))

Craig Miskell
sender immediately.