Red Hat ES v4 kernel-source package gone

Kocjan Marko Marko.Kocjan at mobitel.si
Fri Oct 7 07:26:45 UTC 2005

Hi,

as I was till v4 able to do a kernel recompile if I wanted some
stuff in kernel to be enabled, but from this version on I don't know
how.

Package kernel-source used to place source of kernel distributed
in /usr/src/linux-2.4 (and above that, made the proper /usr/src/linux
link)

Now for kernel 2.6 there is no package for kernel-source on the
distribution
CDs. Didn't download source CDs yet (Is it there??)

How can I recompile kernel?

Of course using v4.1 for x86_64 (Opteron) distro...

Tnx for help