generating 32-bit RPM's

Dave Atkinson dave_atkinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 11:42:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 12:23 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 11:12:42AM +0100, Dave Atkinson wrote:
> [...]
> > So I'm wondering if the fix is a patch to rpm, either to
> > a) post-process (hack) the above macros based on the host and target
> > arch at runtime, (bad idea) or
> > b) add a new conditional %if(|n)targetarch and ship a rpmrc file which
> > sets the macros correctly at runtime (better idea) or
> > c) have rpm set %_lib, %_libdir and anything else that may be required
> > internally based on target arch (previous idea is better?)
> > d) something I haven't thought of ;)
> >
> > What have I missed? ;)
>
> man setarch
> And on sparc, it's man sparc32, just in case anyone is having problems
> with AuroraLinux. ;)

Thanks, but I did.  Using

$ setarch i386 rpmbuild --target i386 ...

gives me packages that contain files with /usr/lib64/... in their path.
>From the man page changes the output of uname.  If you look
in /usr/lib/rpm/*-linux/macros there will be a line

/usr/lib/rpm/x86_64-linux/macros
%_lib	lib64
/usr/lib/rpm/i386-linux/macros
%_lib	lib
/usr/lib/rpm/noarch-linux/macros
%_lib	lib64

It looks like this file gets sourced based on the host arch, not the
target arch, resulting in the above problem...

Regards,
Dave