AM2, X2, Opteron, or Opteron Socket F?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Aug 21 14:37:24 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 11:21 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Could you elaborate on what you mean by video decoding support in MPlayer?
> There is no special support for nVidia's PureVideo (or whatever it is
> called) in MPlayer, if that's what you meant. At best, you can get some
> parts of MPEG-2 decoding done by the card using XvMC.

I know PureVideo isn't supported (at least not yet).  I just meant there
is GeForce 4+ decoding support and HDTV out has been pretty much
standard on the 7 series, at least on the 7600 and higher.

--
Bryan J. Smith          Professional, technical annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com