need help!

Wed Feb 15 14:25:14 UTC 2006

You need to check that you have X installed with Fedora core
there are 3 packages that you could have installed X , Gnome
, KDE
any of these should have installed X for you which leads me
to believe that X is not installed if you do a
which startx

it should report back a path

[stephen at captamerica ~]$ which startx
/usr/X11R6/bin/startx
[stephen at captamerica ~]$

something like that

if not then you need to install it.

You can do a
yum groupinstall  "GNOME Software Development"

or replace the GNOME part with "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

Maybe that will work as im using the commands on a different
RH disto