AMD64 chipset Linux support ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Tue Jul 11 19:27:25 UTC 2006

.... I am looking at the Asus A8V Mbd (Via K8T800 chipset, ~$62.00 on pricewatch) for a hypothetical Opteron box, lightweight LAN server. How is Linux support for this chipset ? I have an older (S370 PIII) box, this one as it happens, w/ a Via 694 chipset & love it. Can I look forward to the same great performance & reliability under Linux (FC5 most likely) w/ the K8T800 ? TIA ....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                          -- Gen. George S. Patton