no valid devices found to load ES4 RAID nVIDIA 939NF4G-SATA2 -- Fake RAID (FRAID)

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Mar 20 23:06:47 UTC 2006

"Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> If you want RAID under Linux, consider:
> - MultiDisk (MD) and raidtools -- great for RAID-0 and RAID-1!
> - Newer DM2 RAID additions to LVM2 (opinions vary on maturity)

I guess I should have clarified this.

_Before_ you use these Linux software RAID approaches, you need to
_disable_ the FRAID functionality of the nVidia chipset mainboard in
the BIOS/CMOS setup.  That's why Linux is not seeing the hard drives.
 Once you disable the FRAID organization, you'll see the two (2) hard
drives, independently.

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com