Build or Buy Built

Messer, David David.Messer at RelayHealth.com
Mon Jan 14 21:49:12 UTC 2008

How do you buy your machines?  Select components and put them together
or buy an off the shelf machine such as a Dell?

I've put together components - motherboard I think I like from ASUS, an
AMD 64 X2, DDR2 ram that the ram manufacturer said would work with the
motherboard, and a case that proved to have too little air flow.  Still
waiting for more fans by mail.  I've put MS windows on it to try to get
a feel for how well it's going to run as I'm not up to speed on Linux
benchmarking.  I'm hoping it will work when I try to put RHEL5 on it.
Its purpose is to give me a place to learn Linux - it's a home machine.

Thanks,

David