customisation of "waiting" images

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a fairly big anaconda dissection for my project
(listed below).

I have the most important bits sussed out and was able to customize just
about everything, but one thing has me stumped.

I was trying to replace the f??rh7-3*.png images (the random slideshow in
the bottom right corner) with custom ones, but anaconda keeps crashing the
moment it starts installing packages.

I get four GDK-Errors with BadWindow (3/10/0 and 3/4/0), and a crash.

My questions are :

a) what exact format should these .png's be in ? I used "file" to make
sure they are the same format, but maybe I'm missing something

b) is there some way I can make anaconda fall back to the python debugger
(ie, make Gdk-ERRORs non-critical somehow)

c) is there a way, without vmware, that I can try the install phase of
packages without it actually trying to format my local hard disk ? So that
I can test the installer locally ? I know how to run it locally, but I'm
not sure I can somehow skip the partitioning stage and make it install
packages in a chroot or something.

d) I also went back and replaced my custom images with the standard redhat
ones, but I still get the same error.  Maybe I did something else wrong ?

Any help is much appreciated ;)
Anaconda is fun to be hacking on.

Thanks,
Thomas