Re: Anacond 7.3.94 comps

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, John wrote:
>
> > Alright you RedChaps. What tools do we use to examine and modify the flash new
> > comps files?
> >
> > I've installed (null) Everything, and I don't see anything in the anaconda
> > packages.
> >
> > Surely there's something better then ed.
>
> Been wondering about the same thing.. The first part of the comps.xml
> *could* be simply hand edited but I'm having really hard time believing
> somebody wrote all the package dependencies there manually :)

I wrote a converter that parsed the old comps file into an XML file before
(although not with the new comps.xml format).  I would imagine it would be
fairly trivial to write something which would build a new comps.xml file.

Editing XML w/ a text editor is really no more difficult than editing
HTML w/ a text editor.

--Patrick.