Anaconda syslog

How do I make use of syslog or syslogd?

I would like to capture the boot messages without using a serial cable; I would like to send the messages over the network. Any ideas if anaconda or the Linux kernel can send the boot messages or syslog over the network -- my stock RHL9 install is hanging before the 2nd stage installer and I would like an easy way to capture the messages (besides using a serial cable).

Thanks in advance,
Richard Black