Re: Customized Redhat 7.3 installation

Look at these sites. They have plenty of useful information for what you are trying.

http://256.com/gray/docs/rh_boot/
http://www.cpqlinux.com/rh80customcd.html
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/ch-kickstart2.html
http://wwwcache.ja.net/dev/kickstart/KickStart-HOWTO-monolithic.html

Package selection is not a simple task. There are tools to resolve dependencies. However, if you
want to know which packages to keep and which ones to toss out, you are mostly on your own there.
It all depends on what packages you want on your system.

-Depankar

Andrea Giorgini wrote:

Hi all,
I need to create my own installation of Redhat, including package details
selection,
and I tried to follow the (unofficial) Redhat 7 Customized Installer
mini-howto by
Tony Nugent, but I'm really not able to get that working.
I would like to have any information if exists any other documentation about
this
job.

Thanks a lot
Andrea