install from custom CD : error RHL CD was not found in your CDROM

I tried to create a custom minimal installation of RH9 that fit into one CD.
I did it according to instructions by Brett Schwarz on
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6473 (with few adjustments for
RH9 instead of RH8)

When booting from the CD it starts the installation nicely.  However, when
it reaches "Installation Method" and I select "CDROM" it claims that none of
my CDROM devices contain RHL CD and refuse to install.

To complete the picture I can say that if I copy the content of that CD to
my FTP site, and use FTP as my "installation method" then the installation
goes fine and Linux is installed !

In case I copy the iso image to a HD and select "HD" as my "Installation
Method", I can proceed in the installation.  It let me create partitions
and select packages.  However, when it starts coping packages it get crash
in anaconda with request to report the bug.

Any help will be appreciated.