Using buildinstall on the new beta

I am trying to get Phoebe beta 3 to install on one of the infamous L440GX+ motherboards. Red Hat changed the way that they were dealing with these boards, and are now checking for specific BIOS versions. I happen to have the latest BIOS, which they didn't have in the file as a 440GX board. The fix was to add the BIOS number to the dmi_scan.c file and rebuild the kernel. That seems to work fine.

The problem is that when I rebuild the disc area using buildinstall, nearly all of the images fail with:

gunzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

It looks like the image files are running out of room. First of all, why would adding 5 lines to the dmi_scan.c file result in all of the image files becoming too large? Second, any ideas on what I can do for a temporary fix?

Thanks,

Forrest