Boot problem....

Hi !

I just wanted to try to install a RedHat 8 to see if it worked ok on my new
computer, so I didn't install a boot loader, just created a boot diskette,
the problem is that when I boot with the boot diskette it sys:

SYSLINUX.... blablabla
Could not find kernel image: linux
boot:

Any ideas about what could be the problem and what to do about it ?

I have installed linux in a primary partion (number 3) and the installation
was without any problems at all so I can't see any obvious reason for the
boot diskette to fail.

Mikael