Rpm-lib problem

I started to play with the rpmlib API for c-programs as described in the book maximum RPM.

I want to use the function rpmReadPackageInfo, but I keep getting a linking error "undefined reference to `rpmReadPackageInfo`, although I do link in the librpm-library which should, as far as I know, contain this function.

Am I doing something wrong, or is my information not up to date anymore.

Koos.