problem displaying boot.msg file

Hello,
I have created a custom distribution based on RedHat 8.0.
The distribution is etup to stay in text only mode.
Hoever I am having some problems displaying the text within the boot.msg
file.

When I attempt to boot from the CD and do the install, all that is
displayed to the screen is 'boot:'  and none of the contents of the
boot.msg file are visible.

Thanks
// MjA