Re: How to build comps.rpm

Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

Toralf Lund wrote:

To repeat a question from one of my other threads:

How exactly do I build RedHat/base/comps.rpm for a custom dist?

Note: The question is not how to build an RPM (I know that), but whether or not there are special tools, spec files etc. for this particular one.

All the necessary files are in comps-9.tar.gz (for Red Hat Linux 9). Check out http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/anaconda-installer/comps.html
under Generating the full comps file.

Yes, that information is useful, as I never noticed there was a tool for generating the package section; I've been editing it by hand.

However, what I was asking about was primarily the comps *RPM*, not the XML file itself. I find no information about that...

- Toralf