Re: Hacking anaconda for RHL 7.3

Look for this:

dispatch.skipStep("network")

In usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py, and comment it out.

You will need to rebuild the stage2 installer.  I like to do it like this:

(top of decompressed cramfs dir) % mkcramfs --verbose . ../new_stage2.img

Then, copy the image over the old one and you should be all set.  Any options
you give to the network tag in the ks.cfg will appear in the dialog.

Also, FYI - if you don't specify the root password at all in ks.cfg, the dialog
will appear and do the right thing.  I believe it will also allow you to add
other users via the dialog.

-brad

--
Brad Doctor, CISSP