Re: Hacking anaconda for RHL 7.3

Cosby, Christopher wrote:

I'd love for the install to pop up, ask the user for hostname, ip addresses, etc, and then continue with the kickstart. Where do I need to start?

you only need to NOT put an entry in your kickstart file for networking. If anaconda finds something missing from a kickstart file - it will prompt the user for input ...

leave out any lines that look like:
network --device eth0 --bootproto static --ip 192.168.0.254 --netmask 255.255.255.0 --hostname woogawooga

and you will get the config screen youre looking for - (depending on which install method you chose - it will be a text-based screen or a nice gui).