problems in linux redhat 9 installation

hi,
I have tried to install linux redhat 9 in a portable computer (HP compaq)
which have a  PCI card firewire IEEE 1394 but the installation procedure
stop in detecting the driver of this card . and I can't pass this stage. I
have tried mandreke 8 and 9 but I had the same problem.
please who can help me in resolving this problem and installing the system.
thanks

Ce service de mailing vous est offert par http://www.freesurf.fr.
FreeSurf, votre acces ADSL a partir de 29 euros/mois
http://www.freesurf.fr/adsl/