RE: Compatibility of Python versions with Anaconda

I guess this is influenced by what version of anaconda you use during your
buildinstall/your system.

AR

From: anaconda-devel-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:anaconda-devel-list-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of Paliath Vivin
Suresh-G3699C
Sent: 19 November 2003 12:28
To: 'anaconda-devel-list redhat com'
Subject: Compatibility of Python versions with Anaconda

Hi,
?
I am working on porting parts of anaconda to a PowerPC system to make a
customized installer. My experience lies mostly with FreeBSD, so I am new to
the Linux environment. My job requires me to do this, so that's why I'm
doing it =)
?
Anyway, we are running RedHat 7 on a PowerPC box. I downloaded the source
for anaconda-7.3. I noticed that it uses Python1.5, which is very old.
anaconda-7.3 installs fine on the PowerPC system. I am not too comfortable
about working with an old version of Python. Anaconda-8.0.4 uses Python-2.2,
but this version of anaconda will not install on the PowerPC (failed
dependencies... too many!).
?
I would like to know if it is possible to use the Python2.2 scripts in
anaconda-8.0.4 with anaconda-7.3? Will there be any compatibility issues? I
am extremely new at this, so sorry for all my questions. My other question
is, which is the installation python script that gets executed after the
loader is run?
?
Thanks!
?