adding new keyboard layout

not 100% an anaconda topic but ...

i am trying to add an 'acnor' (special quebecoise keyboard, ie. mixed french/english) keyboard to my redhat/gnome installation but i am struggling to find where the files go.

i am not even really sure which files are needed to achieve this, but this is what i have so far ...

- been looking in /lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty and i see all of the keymaps there.

- also found stuff in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols that seems to be relevant too.

infact i have a text file that is supposed to go in this second directory but when i put it there - i dont see my custom option in the redhat-config-keyboard gui.

anyone able to steer me in the right direction on this?