Procedure for handling the comps RPM while splitting tree in Fedora?

Hi all,

     It appears that when creating the header lists and splitting the
tree, The comps.rpm and the comps-1-0.20031103, really the same package,
shouldn't be present.  I'm manually adding and linking them after
generating the header lists, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something
about how to do it correctly.  If there's a tool for this in the
anaconda-runtime package, or a switch for a tool I'm already using, I'd
rather do it that way.

     The reason I believe that the packages shouldn't be there is that if
they are, then packages wind up on disks other than the ones they're on in
the stock distro.  Any ideas? --

Bill in Denver