Re: error: Waiting for X server to start

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:54:50 +0200
Pavel Ivanov <pi mail by> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have create my costume Fedora CD.
> And I have an erros with it :-)
>
> When I'm trying to boot up. After the detecting of media it says:
>
> Waiting for X server to start
> 1....2....3....4....5
> can't start and it drops me into the text mode.
>
> Any idias?

I've got the same error and in /tmp/X.log I found:

(++) Using config file: "/tmp/XF86Config.test"
(EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "record" (module does not exist, 0)
error opening security policy file /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Coul not find init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
cat: //.Xauthority: No such file or directory

Thanks for the help.

Federico Cabiddu
--
"...perche' questo e' l'anno della liberta' infinita, duratura e
permanente...per lui e per lei."