Adding checksum to homemade DVD?

As I've mentioned earlier, I've been installing via custom DVDs based on Red Hat Linux for some time. Works fine, mostly, but if I select the mediacheck option, I get

Error

Unable to read the disk checksum from the primary volume descriptor.
This probably means the disk was created without adding the checksum.

How exactly do I add the checksum in question?

The DVD fs is currently created via

mkisofs -o 9.iso -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -r -J -T -f 9/isolinux 9

(For the Red Hat 9 based distribution) - where 9 contains a complete install tree.

- Toralf