From: Akbar S. Ahmed [mailto:akbar501 dslextreme com] Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:52 AM
To: Chan, Dominic
Cc: David Lefcourt; anaconda-devel-list redhat com
Subject: Re: rpm404-python package missing from RHEL ES 3

Hi Dominic,

Chan, Dominic wrote:

I am a bit confuse?  So is caosity Linux their own distro of Linux?  Or
is it a modified version of RHEL Linux?  Are they a WS,ES,AS version of
caosity?

Caosity is just the web site.

They have a few different projects:
1. cAos is a new RPM-based community distro
2. CentOS-2 is a rebuild of RHEL 2 with the RH trademarks removed
3. CentOS-3 is a rebuild of RHEL 3 with the RH trademarks removed

As for WS, ES, and AS versions I am not sure.

I know some people that have tried our CentOS-3 and all were happy with it. I don't know anyone that has tried cAos yet.

Thanks,
Akbar

dwc