Re: Colors and CJK [Was: Re: Changing the color of the text in a text mode install]

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 04:17:32PM +1000, Omar Kilani wrote:
> >>Can't seem to find it... if it's configurable...
> >newt.
> This doesn't seem to affect the anaconda installer (I wanted to change
> the color from what I persumed to be a default red/orange to yellow, but
> it's already yellow in newt.)

I know exactly what you mean, because I went through the same thing. See
this thread from a few months ago:

<https://listman.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2004-April/msg00157.html>

"Yellow" is yellow-with-the-bright-flag-on. With the bright flag off, you
get brown, which for whatever reason, the console mode decides to make a
very reddish brown. And, the console uses the high bit for unicode support
instead of for color now -- so there is no more 'bright', so yellow gets
dropped down to brown.

> Still attempting to find the differences in loader / anaconda between
> 9.1.2 and 10.0.2.

It's not the loader; it's the kernel.

Apply the patch I sent the other day to the newt RPM, and rebuild anaconda
against that RPM. (I changed all "yellow" to "lightgray", which doesn't look
as nice but is at least readable.)