Re: Support for setting ksdevice to the interface used for PXE

Alex Kiernan wrote:
On 16/08/05, Jeremy Katz <katzj redhat com> wrote:

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 13:56 +0100, Alex Kiernan wrote:

I've been trying to sort out our kickstart infrastructure and hit one
box I just could get to co-operate without external intervention - it
has three NICs, the onboard ones start at eth1 (which is the one I
need it to use), but eth2 also has a link (which is why ksdevice=link
didn't help).

Yeah, that's the hard one...

Embarrassing story... I implemented ksdevice=bootif... described the
story to a colleague... who then points out that of course when we
configure machines we know their MAC address so we can tell the DHCP
server what configuration to deliver and what was stopping me doing
ksdevice=<mac-address>?

I don't fancy typing in a eap of MAC addresses if I don't need to. How about you?

btw I'm pretty sure I recently saw pxelinux typing to get a config whose name was based on the MAC address. I could probably deal with entering a few ln commands (I can swipe & pastr the names), but I still prefer less typing.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au  Z1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au

do not reply off-list