Changing the default theme

Hello everybody,
  I don't know whether this query is an offtopic. However I need
information regarding it.
I have custom compiled the FC-4 and installed it sucessfully with the
great help from anaconda-devel-list.
Now I need to change the default theme clearlooks to "Simple". I
edited the patch associated with redhat-artwork
(redhat-artwork-0.121-clearlooks.patch) and the file
"redhat-artwork-0.122/gtkrc1-skel" and changed them to "Simple".
However I noticed NO change in the theme. After Logging in I still get
the default Blucurve icons and Clearlooks theme. Kindly advice.
regards
Manilal