Re: installation problems in FC4

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Greg Morgan wrote:

Justin Zygmont wrote:
why is it always me who has these problems..  I guess that would explain
why there aren't any bugs reported about it.  Anyone have an idea how to
track down the problem?

thanks,

Justin Zygmont wrote:

I want to post this message one more time since no one replied to it.
Has anyone experienced problems with FC4 right after the third ISO gets
mounted when doing an NFS install?  I'd like to try to find the problem,
but not exactly sure yet, how.  Any replies would be useful.

I installed two PCs with the NFS method.  I had no problems.  In my case
I only have the four FC4 iso files in the NFS exported directory.

Along time ago there was a bug reported when vmware was used underneath
the FC installation.  It was a mystery because a "regular" non-vmware
install worked fine.  I hope these give you some ideas.

One thing I forgot and presumed you have done is checking your ISO files. FC1 to FC3 used md5sum. With FC4 the sha1sum cypher is in use. For example, I am getting ready to use the NFS method for an AMD 64 system. I just downloaded the ISO's last night. The only file I did not download was the DVD.iso so the failure error is ok on that ISO. Here's the output. You did run the sha1sum check before using the ISO's right? Check your third ISO where the failure occurred.

of course, I was just hoping that it wasnt always necesary to mention that the ISOS passed their checks fine.