Re: Grub not getting installed

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Vibhav Sharma wrote:
> both are getting installed and working fine but the
> bootloader is not getting installed.

Is this i686 or x86_64?  Grub had a lot of problems in x86_64 in FC3.

> 1. FC3 with updated packages
Did you update GRUB as well?  Hopefully that should fix it really.

You could just put a
read tmp
in your %post to pause it while you go in poke around with grub manually.
I remember that FC3 GRUB used to segfault a lot for me when I did this.  I
could use a rescue environment to patch things up afterwards but in the
%post install stage GRUB was b0rked.

regards,
dan carpenter