Re: Kickstart prompt for network info using custom CD based install

Hi
   I know this is not working even on Fedora Core 3 and higher... But is there any word arround, or can I make network_gui.py call directly in kickstart.py -- I dont know python... else would have understood the progarm flow....

I hope some one has the ans....

Cheers,
Deepak Naidu.

James_Martin ao uscourts gov wrote:
anaconda-devel-list-bounces redhat com wrote on 11/29/2005 11:19:56 PM:

> Hi,
>

> skipStep("network") option in kickstart.py in anaconda and then
> crea! te the stage2.img... I did this and still it does not prompts....
>
> Is there any other file or patch I have to edit or patch....

In my experience this is all you have to do. Perhaps you should respond
with your exacts step! s you used to disassemble the stage2.img, patch the
kickstart.py and re-create the stage2.img. (I believe it is found in
/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py inside the stage2.img)

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394