Re: Setting duplpeed in anaconda

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 15:50 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Soà I was wondering if there is a way from a shell or functionality from
> > anaconda) to change the interface characteristics. ethtool/mii-tool kind
> > of functionality.
>
> Alain's comments are exactly on target.  At the same time, there
> probably would be value to do the simple python command stub wrapper
> around the isys ethtool functionality.  If anyone wanted to submit a
> patch, I'd be all for committing it :)

Interesting. Does isys provide all ethtool functionality ? As rhpl (as
well as isys.py) only seem to provide methods to query interfaces.

I'm interested in writing an ethtool wrapper if I find how to access
and use whatever isys can do from within python. (I'm not a C programmer :/)

Thanks !
--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --