DHCP server in kickstart postinstall?

Hi,

I would like to run a DHCP server in the kickstart postinstall phase.
Is it possible?

My system is RHEL3U5, but I guess it is relevant for any other RHEL3
or Fedora system as well.

When I try the standard dhcpd, it fails to start, complaining:
   || socket: Protocol not available - make sure
   || CONFIG_PACKET (Packet socket) and CONFIG_FILTER
   || (Socket Filtering) are enabled in your kernel
   || configuration!

This is true indeed, the CONFIG_FILTER is disabled in the
kernel-BOOT-2.4.21-32.EL configuration.

Is it possible to compile a customized kernel-BOOT vmlinuz
with CONFIG_FILTER enabled? Will it solve the problem?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Vlad