merge FTP and HTTP methods in the loader

The following patch removes the distinction between FTP and HTTP installation
methods in the loader method selection screen.  Instead, the user enters a
URL into an entry box and can optionally configure a proxy (though I'm not
sure if this worked in the loader, but it was there so I attempted to
preserve it).

This patch is untested due to various problems with me being able to build
and test an updated loader with current rawhide.  However, what do people
think of the direction I'm going in here?  I'd rather test before committing
but some early comments might be helpful.

- Chris