Heads-up, kernel-2.6.19 with Anaconda won't network.

Hi all,

When I rebuilt the FC6 tree with the two most recent kernels, I was no-longer able to see the network. In the case of a machine using the e1000 device, console 3 reported that there was no link. On my Dell laptop using the tg3 module, I didn't see the no link message, but there was no networking also. The work-around is to insert some cp statements into buildinstall so that once the repository is created and the package order is found, kernel-2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 .i586.rpm replaces the non-working 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6 version. I wonder if the i586 version of the newer kernels is unable to network. I can't imagine what would be different about using it for installation.

          Hope this helps someone.

--
Bill in Denver