Re: Patch:method=bd:<biospart>:/path/to/install/tree

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 00:22 +0000, Uday Prakash wrote:
> However, we have found a few minor issues with the current biosdisk/part implementation in anaconda.
>
> The first is a timing issue. Some USB devices take a long time to "stabilize" and by that time, the disk map table (mbrSigToName: which maps the BIOS disk number to the device name) is already created; once this table is created it ie never recreated. So even if new devices are ready to be added to the this table, they never do.

How do the existing checks for USB devices to stabilize when we load the
modules not work for this case?  Mostly because rather than scatter
sleeps across the code, it seems better to make sure that we're actually
ensuring devices are available after modules are loaded.  Especially as
more drivers start to move to asynchronous device scanning :/

Jeremy