Re: PATCH: Partition auto-detection and HD exploded tree installation

On 1/25/07, Uday Prakash <uprakash abodiosoftware com> wrote:
Folks,

Please consider the following two patches for inclusion in the anaconda and
pykickstart sources.  The patches provide three features, described below,
related to hard drive installations.  Together these features enable a
kickstart and/or an exploded tree installation image to be placed on a
portable storage device, such as a USB flash memory or hard drive device,
and the device to be used to install one or more systems with unknown hard
drive configuration.  In effect, with this patch, installing from a portable
storage device has the same ease of use characteristics as installing from a
CD, with the added benefit that kickstart and install files can be modified
directly on the device as needed, without the overhead of creating new iso
images and burning CDs.
Thank You Uday, I think between your patch and the current FC6
behavior with CD's that fixes my problem.  I'll get back to you with
patches that work against RHEL4 anaconda.

Many Thanks...james