Re: %post --name

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 15:00:07 -0400
Christopher Boumenot <boumenot gmail com> wrote:

> Just to clarify then, multiple %pre/%post delimiters are combined
> into one script, or are they all called from one script?
>
> My Kickstart file is littered with %post/%pre scripts.  Just for this
> case, supposed they look like this.
>
> %post --interpreter /usr/bin/python --log=python.log
> print "Hello World"
>
> %post --interpreter /usr/bin/pytyon --log=python2.log
>
> %post --interpreter /bin/sh --log=sh.log
> echo "Hello World"
>
> %post --interpreter /usr/bin/perl --log perl.log
> print "Hello World\n";
>

> All of these %post sections end up in one script?
>
> It looks like the class AnacondaKSScript represents one script, and
> it is then executed.  The output is redirected to a log file if --log
> is passed.  (This is a very useful option by the way, and I am glad
> it is in the newer version of Anaconda.)  Sorry to be so pestering,
> but I am still missing the "one" script thing.

Ooops.  I missed what it was you were actually doing.  I envisioned
something like:

%post --foo
script1
script2
script3
script4

And you were complaining because maybe script3 failed.  I didn't
realize you actually had multiple %post sections, vs multiple scripts
listed in %post.

I'll step back and let the anaconda/kickstart authors answer.

--
Jesse Keating