Re: More thoughts as we go to git

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 08:20 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
* Don't carry the RPM spec file in the repository; have it just in the
packaging repo instead.
Why?

Bit duplication and having to sync changes across between where the
packages are built (which requires the spec file) and the upstream repo
is a bit annoying at times

Jeremy

If I were to pull it from git, I'd be fairly put out to find I didn't have the build instructions as embodied in the spec file. I see the spec file as the primary "scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable."

Why can't packaging use the spec file from the repo?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait