Generating comps.xml

Hello,
I've found this quite old document explaining the comps.xml structure:
http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/comps.html

It mentions the getfullcomps.py script to generate the package sections of comps.xml. My comps-extras package contains only images and no helper scripts.

Is comps.xml produced manually nowadays? Is there any tool to automate comps.xml generation? If not is anybody interested in implementing such a tool? Is there a need for one?

Thanks,
Alexander.